· 1 medium to large head of cauliflower and/or broccoli (if using both, use half of each)
· 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
· 1/2 cup water
· 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 tsp cumin
· 2 tsp garlic powder
· 2 tsp nutritional yeast
· 1 tsp paprika
· 2 tsp onion powder
· pinch of salt & pepper
· 1 Tbsp vegan butter or margarine
· ¾ cup Original Bulls eye (or BBQ sauce of choice)
· ¼ cup hot sauce
· ¼ cup vegan mayo
· 1 Tbsp lime juice
· 1 tsp onion powder
· 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Wash cauliflower and/or broccoli. Cut into bite-sized florets. You don’t want them too big.
3. In a large bowl, mix the non-dairy milk, water, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast, cumin, paprika, S&P.
4. Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
5. Dip florets in the batter and line up on baking sheets. Make sure you coat the florets thoroughly but try to wipe off any extra batter so it’s not pooling on the sheets. Do not over-crowd the baking sheets. Better to use more sheets than less.
6. Bake the florets for 25 minutes. Flip the florets about halfway through the baking time to ensure they are evenly cooked.
7. Meanwhile, make the BBQ wing sauce. In a small pot, over medium heat mix together the margarine/butter, hot sauce and BBQ sauce. If you want the wings spicier, you can increase the amount of hot sauce, and decrease the amount of BBQ sauce. Once combined, remove from heat.
8. Once the florets are done baking, they should be golden brown, remove from oven.
9. Next cover the florets in the BBQ sauce mixture. You can do this by putting all the florets in a bowl with the mixture or dipping each floret individually.
10. Once again, line the florets on the baking sheets (use the same ones and the same parchment paper). Bake for another 25 minutes or so. Do not let them burn.
11. While they are baking again, make the dipping sauce.
12. In a small bowl, mix the vegan mayo, onion powder, garlic powder, and lime juice until it tastes good to you!
13. Once the wings are done, remove the oven. Put the wings on a platter, serve with the dipping sauce, and add some celery and carrots if you want!